Wednesday 7 August 2013

40 and Fabulous!

For once, I made a card which turned out just the way I intended.  Well, almost!  The inspiration for this card came from the front cover of a book I saw whilst browsing round a book shop.
It was created by drawing a dress template on tracing paper & cutting it out to make a mask. I originally intended to stamp through the mask using a background stamp but then hit on the idea of using Little Claire's Butterfly Tree stamp instead, coloured with Cosmic Shimmer watercolour paints. I need a new paintbrush so the painting doesn't stand very close scrutiny but luckily I think the overall effect works! 
The dark paint looked purple in the pot but by a stroke of luck I had some ribbon which perfectly matched the dark blue it turned out to be. I coloured over the numbers with a Sakura Stardust black pen to add a bit more sparkle & added a butterfly charm to finish.
Cardstock: Xerox Colotech Plus 300gsm
Stamp: Little Claire Butterfly Tree, Club Scrap
Computer-generated sentiment
Colours: Cosmic Shimmer Watercolour Indigo Sky, Marine Aqua
Ribbon: Dovecraft
Charm: From stash




2 comments:

  1. A fabulous card Helen - absolutely love the butterfly dress and the clever technique you used to create it. The ribbon and butterfly charm is a perfect finishing touch!

    Thanks so much for visiting my blog - hugs, Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really fabulous card, Helen. Brilliant idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it's much appreciated!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.