Tuesday 1 July 2014

Sketch Saturday #316


This week's sketch over at Sketch Saturday was perfect for a card I wanted to make for someone who was a good friend of my late father. The image I chose will, I hope, please the recipient because it was painted by my Dad and I save these little works of art for people who I know will appreciate them, and for whom they will have special meaning.

As they are ATC-sized pictures, I keep the cards simple to make sure the image remains the focal point.

Cardstock: Limetree Crafts, Coredinations
Painting: Original watercolour copyright the estate of David Forrest
Backing paper: from stash
Stamps: Little Claire
Ink: Hero Arts

3 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card, Helen! Your Dad was a very talented artist! How wonderful you share these treasures in your handmade works of art. Thanks for joining us for Sketch Saturday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning Helen! What an amazing hand painted scene. Thank you so much for joining us this week at Sketch Saturday! Hugs Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous painting! What a wonderful gift to someone you know would appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it's much appreciated!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.