Saturday 12 July 2014

The Sky's the Limit!

I've not had much time for cardmaking lately but I hope to rectify that over the next day or so! I made this card over a week ago but just hadn't got round to posting it. It was inspired by the challenge over at Addicted to CAS where the code word is SKY, and as I'd just bought these new stamps as a bargain from Make the Day Special it seemed like the ideal opportunity to test them out.

I stamped the tree, greeting & birds onto watercolour card, then sponged Distress Inks over the tree. I kept it simple, which is always a good idea when you're entering a Clean & Simple challenge!! The sponging is in fact more graduated than it looks in the photo, I'm not really sure what happened there.

Stamps: Unity Stamp Company "With Sympathy"
Distress Inks: Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade, Rusty Hinge
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa

4 comments:

  1. A beautiful card, Helen! It is so hard to take a photo that looks like real life isn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sponging is beautiful. Gorgeous design! Thanks so much for playing along at ATCAS xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors you chose for your sky. Not your typical blues! Thanks for playing along with us at ATCAS. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely! Thanks for playing along with us at ATCAS :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it's much appreciated!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.